Peanuts are a funny food.
You either love them or you don’t.
I have some kids that do NOT like peanuts or peanut butter but they still love these cookies!
I found this recipe at www.sprinklesomesugar.com
I just kicked them up a notch on the healthy scale by substituting the sugars, flour and peanut butter. I buy the peanut butter that is just that – peanut butter. No added sugar or oils.
I think ours would have looked more like hers if we didn’t smoosh them with a fork.
But who doesn’t do that lol?!
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted half way
1 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups whole grain flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and coconut sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and peanut butter until completely combined.
- Pour flour and baking soda and mix until just incorporated.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Measure sugar and place in bowl.
- Roll 1″ rounded tablespoons of dough, roll in sugar, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
Printable version: Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies