Friday, August 31, 2012
No-Bake Granola Bars
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup add-ins
1. Cook sugar, honey and butter in small pot over low to medium-low heat until slowly bubbly, stirring often. Leave on low heat for at least 10 minutes after boil.
2. In large bowl, mix oats, nuts and add-ins (except chocolate chips)
3. When liquid is finished on the stove, remove from heat and add vanilla.
4. Mix liquid into oat mixture (add chocolate chops after cooled, if desired.
5. Press into 9x13" buttered pan.
6. Refrigerate and cut into bars.
Growing up I ate a diet that consisted of mostly processed food (if you can even call it food! ;) Vegetables came from a can, mashed po...
We are in a rut at our house when it comes to snacks. I try to provide healthy snacks for the kids when they come home from school, but we...
In the past, when we've gone on vacation it was an excuse to pig out! To eat whatever we could find that was cheap and convenient. B...