I love going to Alpine and one of my favorite things to do is to go to the library there. I love to check out books and read. This book was sitting on a table and I just had to get it. Raw Food is something that has sparked an interest in me lately. I loved the pictures. The food looks so yummy. I have even tried some of the recipes.
Here they are:
Sweet Breakfast Porridge2 servings
1 banana, chopped into large pieces
1 apple, chopped into large pieces
1 pear, chopped into large pieces
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp flaxseed, ground
1. First, put pear into blender; then add banana and then the apple. Blending the fruit in this order prevents the mixture from getting too sticky.
2. Sprinkle the cinnamon and flaxseed over the mixture.
Raspberry Coconut Smoothie1/4 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup apple juice
fresh mint leaves
1 Tbsp coconut flakes
1. Blend raspberries, banana and apple juice in blender
2. Garnish with mint leaves and coconut flakes
Every Occasion Balls
Wow! I even got a picture of this one!
1 1/2 cup raw walnuts
3/4 cup raisins
1 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 Tbsp carob powder
pinch of salt
coconut flakes, for rolling
1. Place walnuts in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
2. Add raisins and mix thoroughly
3. Add honey, carob, salt and mix. Add more carob if desired.
4. Keep mixing until dough holds together enough so it is easy to roll balls. Roll in coconut flakes if desired.
I have a bunch more recipes that I am excited to try. I definately recommend this book.